I am excited for this week’s posts. I am doing a theme week for you and the theme is “Fall Snacks”. I have put together some great snacks that would be perfect for a football party, Halloween party, or even just for a relaxing weekend when you need a quick and delicious snack. The requirements I had when picking the recipes where: it had to make me think of Fall and they must be fast and easy to put together.
One thing I always think of with Fall is fresh apples. I also really enjoy dipping wedges of them in caramel or peanut butter. Then I saw a recipe over at The Other Side of Fifty that actually combines the caramel and peanut butter into one fabulous dip for apples. It would also be excellent with bananas too. I did use caramel apple dip in place of the caramel sauce. I think this made a thicker dip. This dip comes together fast and tastes fantastic with the apples. You only need 3 ingredients to put this together too. Yum! Let the Fall snack week begin!!!!!
Caramel Peanut Butter Apple Dip
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce (I used caramel apple dip from the produce department in place of the caramel sauce)
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1 Tbsp chopped peanuts as garnish (optional)
- Combine the caramel sauce and peanut butter until smooth.
- Fold in the marshmallow fluff. Spoon dip into serving bowl and top with optional chopped peanuts.
- Serve with sliced apple.