I now have time to get a post done. I’ll be back again tomorrow morning with another one for you. I found this recipe over at My Sister’s Kitchen, she adapted the recipe from Big Oven. I love a good crock pot recipe and this is now added to my go-to list. It is also very simple to make and turns out nice and tasty. I even used the juices leftover to make gravy. I thickened it with a slurry made from flour and water, then added some beef bouillon and salt. It was excellent. When packets of salad dressings and gravy go on sale, stock up for this wonderful recipe.
- 2 cups water
- 1 envelope of dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope of dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope of dry brown gravy mix
- 3 pound beef roast (such as chuck roast)
- Place the water in a medium bowl. Add all three envelopes of dry salad dressings/gravy to the water. Mix until blended completely.
- Brown the roast (if desired). Add the roast to your slow cooker. Pour the water/salad dressing mixture over the roast.
- Place in the slow cooker and cook on high for about 4 hours or on low about 8 hours.