Here is another one of the recipes I tried from Food on the Table with their “Food on the Table Challenge”. You can read my review of the site in this post. This recipe is simple. The week I went shopping, London Broil was on sale so I decided to splurge and get some. The marinade was delicious and would also work well on steak. The recipe also states it makes enough for 6. However, we had plenty left to make another meal of quesadillas using the leftover meat. That is one of my favorite ways to use leftovers. Hurry and give this recipe a try while you can still grill. Winter will be here in Utah before ya know it.
Garlic and Herb London Broil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (2 pound) London broil
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic, soy sauce, oil, ketchup, oregano, and black pepper. Pierce meat with a fork on both sides. Place meat and marinade in a large resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place steak on the grill, and discard marinade. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Do not overcook, as it is better on the rare side. Let rest for 10 minutes, slice thin and serve.