Breakfast week continues with another yummy fruit and yogurt parfait. This recipe was one I found in a Betty Crocker coupon book. The fun thing with this one is you use Cheerios instead of granola, Banana Nut Cherrios to be exact. I have never tried the banana nut version but purchased some just to try this recipe. Another fun thing about this is you toast the cereal along with some almonds to bring out the flavor. I never would have thought to toast the cereal but let me tell you it works great. I loved this version. The whole combination of this recipe is delicious. Try to do the same thing with other flavors of Cheerios like multi grain, honey nut, or apple cinnamon.
Crunchy-Topped Strawberry-Kiwi Parfaits
- 2 cups Banana Nut Cheerios® cereal
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 cups Yoplait® 99% Fat Free creamy vanilla (from 2-lb container)
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled, cut into chunks
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place cereal and almonds in ungreased 13×9-inch pan. Bake 6 to 10 minutes (mine were done at 3 minutes), stirring occasionally, until light brown. Cool about 5 minutes.
- In each of 4 parfait glasses, alternate layers of yogurt, strawberries, kiwifruit and toasted cereal and almond mixture. Serve immediately.