Today’s recipe is my version of barbecue pork. Who doesn’t love a good bbq sandwich? Of course I use my crock pot for this recipe. It also only requires 3 ingredients. So simple! It’s also delicious! This is great served with 5 cup fruit salad, macaroni salad (in the photo), or my potato salad.
- 1 (3 lb to 4 lb) pork roast
- 2 (12 oz. cans) root beer
- 1 (16oz-18 oz) bottle of barbecue sauce (I used Cattlemen’s Smokehouse)
- a little extra root beer
- Place you roast in the crock pot. Pour in the root beer. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove roast from crock pot and shred. Dump out liquid from the crock pot.
- Return shredded meat to crock pot. Add bottle of barbecue sauce. Then add enough root beer to make desired wetness. (This will all depend on how thick your sauce is, I probably add at least ¼ cup). Serve on buns or rolls. Serves 12- 16.
This is the original photo from this post. the above photo was updated in June 2013.