I just saw this recipe for Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes at sisterscafe.blogspot.com and had to give them a try. We love blueberry muffins but I never make blueberry pancakes. I was just waiting for the right recipe.
Ya, I could add blueberries to my good old mix from a box, but I wanted something a little more special. I did have one problem with this recipe. With some of the pancakes the batter was still a little runny around the blueberries after they were cooked. So, I started to shake the skillet after I put the batter in to help make the pancakes thinner.
I used my blueberries partially thawed and did not mix them into the batter. I just dropped about 6 blueberries into each pancake after I poured the batter into the skillet. This did however, make me have to wash my hands after each pancake and I still ended up with blue fingers. Maybe I’ll try fresh blueberries next time.
All in all these were delicious, I think my husband ate 8 of them. I also did some plain for two of my kids. They were picky and didn’t want blueberries and they enjoyed them plain too. This recipe made plenty of pancakes for my family of 5.
- 2 cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 1 cup (8-oz) sour cream (I used light sour cream)
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries (I used frozen that were partially thawed)
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs. Add milk, sour cream, and butter; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended.
- Fold in the blueberries. Pour batter by ¼ cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; flip when golden on bottom. Cook until the second side is golden brown.