The winner of the Yoplait Splitz prize pack is Jessica G. who said:
“Strawberry banana split!! Yummy” Congrats!
Today’s recipe is one that I created using my recipe for breaded chicken along with a recipe that I found on the site Food on The Table. I love my breaded chicken so I decided to go with my recipe. Then I used the sauce portion of the recipe from the Food on the Table site. I also ran out of fresh basil and ended up having to use dry. It worked fine but the fresh would have been even better. I love fresh basil. This was delicious and fairly easy to put together.
Breaded Chicken with Basil Cream Sauce
- 4 chicken breasts
- flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- black pepper
- 3 Tablespoon butter (can use 1 Tbsp more if needed)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (4.0 ounce jar) sliced pimento peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (I used 1 Tbsp. dried)
- black pepper
- Place eggs in a shallow bowl. Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine both bread crumbs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat chicken with flour. Then dip in egg, then coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- In a skillet over medium heat, fry chicken in butter, on both sides, until the juices run clear, about 15 minutes. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add the broth to the skillet; bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir and scrape to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Stir in the cream and pimentos (If using dried basil add this now); boil and stir for one minute. Reduce heat; add the Parmesan cheese, basil and black pepper to taste. Simmer and stir until heated through. To serve, pour the sauce over the chicken.