These Chocolate Waffles would be the perfect addition to an Easter Brunch. This is a recipe that I got from my Home Ec. class in high school. I actually have a great collection of recipes from that class.
This time, I made these chocolate waffles with my recipe for caramel banana topping. However, my kids like to eat these waffles topped with peanut butter and syrup. They are also excellent with berries too. They are a great treat that I only make a few times throughout the year.
A waffle bar would be a great for your Easter brunch. If you did a waffle bar these recipes would also be great additions: tender sour cream waffles (my favorite waffle recipe), merry berry syrup, lemon syrup, orange walnut butter, apple cider syrup, and berry topping. If a waffle bar isn’t what you are looking for for Easter brunch, then browse my breakfast category for more ideas.
- Chocolate Waffles
- 1¼ cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 5 Tbsp. sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks for, set aside.
- Sift all dry ingredients together (or whisk them together).
- Beat egg yolk in another bowl for 1 minute, then mix in milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the milk mixture. Stir only until blended. Fold in egg whites.
- Cook in waffle iron. This will make 4 Belgian waffles. I also have a Mickey Mouse waffle iron and I can get 9 waffles from there.