I hope you are all enjoying the new design of my site. I am hoping by Monday to have it all exactly the way I want it and all the kinks worked out. I feel like I am wearing a brand new outfit and am feeling fabulous!
Today is one of my new favorite zucchini recipes. I recently got an email from Krista over at Simplify Supper. I got to meet Krista when I went to EVO and was excited to see she had emailed me a link to a video clip she had made for Zucchini Flat Bread. This recipe looked quick and easy plus it used up my overstock of zucchini. I did alter the original recipe a little bit but adding some seasoning and changing the cook time and temperature. I must say it is one of my favorite zucchini recipes now. It turned out delicious. It’s perfect with dinner or as a after school snack. I made it for lunch. YUM! Is definitely a keeper and something I will make often.
Zucchini Flat Bread
- 1 large Boboli® pizza crust (14 oz.)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/8 inch slices (you want about 2 dozen slices)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Johnny’s Garlic Spread & Seasoning (I found it at Costco or Sam’s)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (I just eyeballed it as to what looked good)
- 1/2 of a small can sliced olives, drained
- Place zucchini slices on a baking sheet and cook at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on these you just want to get them tender and about 1/2 the thickness they were originally. If you cook them too long they will burn.
- Brush top of pizza crust with olive oil. Arrange cooked zucchini slices on crust.
- Sprinkle seasoning over zucchini followed by cheese. Then top cheese with olives.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes until cheese is nice and melted. (If you have any leftovers, i reheat in the oven for the same cooking time and temperature.)
- Cut into wedges or squares.