You are going to be surprised with today’s recipe. It may sound a little strange but it is so delicious! I had it at a potluck dinner with the women in my church. The girl who brought it told me how easy it was and what was in it. I couldn’t believe the ingredients: canned corn, mayo, chili cheese fritos, cheese, peppers, and onions. So easy and OHHHH SOOO GOOOOD! The salad gets all the flavor from the seasoning on the fritos. So I came home and googled the recipe and found different variations. From those, I then came up with my own version based on what I was told was in the salad. I must say that I am not a huge fan of canned corn but totally don’t even care about that because the salad tastes that good.
Chili Cheese Frito Salad
- 3 (14 oz.) cans of corn, drained
- 1/4 of a red pepper, diced
- 1/4 green pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (9 1/4 oz) bag of chili cheese fritos
- Combine corn, peppers,onion, cheese, and mayo in a bowl.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Just before serving mix in the fritos. I save about a handful to sprinkle on the top. I also added a little tried parsley for the picture.Enjoy and eat it all because it’s not good as leftover. The fritos get too soggy.