I always love a good salad! I recently tried this recipe out when I went to my in-laws for dinner. I found it in my It’s Summer issue from Betty Crocker. It is a simple salad that is also delicious. I love the tart balsamic dressing along with the sweet pears, salty cashews and then the nice bite you get from the asiago cheese. I am not a big fan of blue cheese so asiago is always a nice choice for me. It has that strong bite to the flavor but isn’t over powering. Plus cheese goes so well with pears. Another winner.
Summer Salad with Asiago, Pears, and Cashews
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon honey Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bag (5 oz) mixed spring greens
- 1/2 cup shaved Asiago cheese
- 1 medium ripe pear, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cashew halves and pieces
1. In small jar with tight-fitting lid, shake dressing ingredients.
2. In medium bowl, toss greens with dressing; arrange on serving platter. Top with remaining salad ingredients. Serve immediately.