So, I had this recipe from Picky Palate for almost a month and have been waiting to try it. We finally got around to making it yesterday. It turned out so good.
Now, I use chicken tenders instead of breasts. I like them because they cook evenly and fast. I did put them in the marinate at noon and cooked them at 5:30. I think that was too long in this marinate, especially using tenders.
The chicken was so tender it was falling apart as it was being put on the grill. I think that 2 hours to marinate would have been perfect. I also only used half the amount of hot sauce. I was afraid the full amount would be too spicy for my family. I think the half amount was perfect and it would have been too spicy if I followed the recipe exactly.
I’m definitely going to try it again with the shorter amount of marinating time and add it to my tried and true file.
- 6 thawed boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (I only used ¼ cup and it was the perfect level of heat for my family)
- ¾ cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (I used Cattlemen's)
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Place all ingredients in a large ziplock bag and marinate for at least an hour. Preheat stove top grill pan or outdoor grill over medium heat.
- Grill chicken for 5-6 minutes each side or until chicken is cooked through.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in July 2015.