Today we are talking sides and dessert for your picnic and I have a delicious recipe for you that you can take along with you. It’s a tuscan hummus recipe that I adapted from one I found in my Wasatch Woman section of my newspaper. It has all those fantastic tuscan flavors in it. Hummus really is easy to make and this was my first attempt at it. You basically toss it in you food processor and blend until nice and smooth.
Here are some other great picnic sides (I tried to not include any mayo or cream items to be food safe on your picnic):
Fiesta Pasta Salad (just omit the chicken for a side dish)
And don’t forget dessert (I tried to not do anything that could get melted):
Easy Sugar Cookies (no frosting needed)
- 1 (15 oz) cannellini or Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Tahini paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus extra for garnish if desired
1. Combine all ingredient except olive oil in food processor. Process until smooth
2. Turn on processor and drizzle in oil to get a thick and smooth consistency. Wrap tightly and chill until ready to use.
3. Serve with cut up vegetables, pita chips or my favorite Tostitos corn chips.