When I was on Studio 5 last week I was able to meet Amy Richardson. It was fun to be able to talk with someone else who has a passion for food and Amy really makes some fabulous food. If you didn’t see my appearance on Studio 5 you can check it out here.
Anyway, a few days later Amy was back on the show and shared this simple fruit salad. I knew I had to try it the moment I saw it. It is a easy way to jazz up some fresh fruit. The dressing is fabulous it adds a nice and creamy tang to the fruit. Love it! It tastes to light and refreshing. This dressing would also work well for many other salads or fruit combination too.
Triple Berry Salad with Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
- 1 cup strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I used reduced fat)
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest from 1 lemon (I reserved a little for garnish)
- 1/4 tsp poppy seeds
- Mint leaves for garnish (I didn’t use this)
- In a medium sized bowl, lightly toss together berries. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together sugar, sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, and poppy seeds. Serve berries at room temperature drizzled with dressing.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves (or lemon zest).