One thing that I always think of when I think of Summer is s’mores. It is a classic Summer treat especially go for when you are camping. Now there are so many ways to help jazz up a s’more by the marshmallows you use to using other items in place of the tradition graham cracker too. I found a couple new things this year to help make your s’more time fun.
I found Campfire Giant Roaster marshmallows. These babies are huge. One marshmallow will work for one WHOLE graham cracker.
Then I found some Kraft Jet-Puffed SwirlMallows that are vanilla and chocolate swirled. Kraft also has many other varieties like strawberry and toasted coconut too. Kraft even has a s’mores site with fun tips and ideas for your s’mores.
I have a bunch of great s’more recipe I have share before too – like Smores Topped Brownies, S’mores Brownies, and Indoor S’mores. They also bring in those wonderful s’mores flavors. I do think the recipe I am going to share today however tops them all. This will put you in s’mores heaven. It’s s’more bars! You get that yummy melted chocolate and gooey marshmallow and surround it with this crisp yet chewy graham cookie/brownie kind of layer surrounding it. Oh my, it is FABULOUS! I must thank Cooking with My Kid for sharing this magnificent s’more recipe. Who ever you make these for will be eternally grateful to you. I am telling you they are THAT GOOD! Cooking with My Kid called them the best dessert ever, and right now I think they just may be. Just look at that picture!
- 1 stick of butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 king-sized Hershey’s milk chocolate bars
- 1 large egg
- 1 jar marshmallow creme/fluff
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (~7 full-sized graham cracker sheets, processed til fine)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan (I line my pan with foil for easy removal and cutting). Use an electric mixer to cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Set aside.
- Meanwhile,whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to the creamed butter mixture until combined.
- Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Place chocolate bars over dough. 2 king-sized Hershey’s bars should fit perfectly side by side. (I had to trim a little off one bar to get mine to fit.)
- Spread chocolate with marshmallow creme or fluff. PLace blobs of it on the chocolate and then spread it around.
- Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff (I rolled the dough out between two pieces of waxed paper and use a spatula to place pieces of it on the top and pressed the pieces together).
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (I did mine a little longer to get that nice brown color), until lightly browned. Be sure to cool completely before cutting into bars. Makes 16 squares.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars. (I only cooled for 1 1/2 hours. You need the chocolate to be melty in a s’more, right?) Enjoy heaven!