I got another grillin’ recipe for ya today. Johnsonville recently contacted me about some fun contests they are doing and also sent me a fun grilling gift pack to try out some of their products. I went to the website to look for a fun recipe and found these brat kabobs. They are delicious. You make a marinade for the veggies and let it sit for 1 hour. In the meantime, you parboil the brats. Then you make the kabobs with the marinated veggies and hunks of the brats. To finish this off, you brush the kabob with the marinade. I love the marinade, especially on the zucchini. It also made the brats taste delicious and they were nice and juicy. This marinade would works well if you just want to do zucchini on the grill. I am telling you it was the BEST and I am a big zucchini fan!
So now about the contests from Johnsonville. There’s a Twitter sweepstakes, a new GRILLVILLE online game and a video contest at www.ShareYourVille.com … with $30,000 in cash and prizes up for grabs from Johnsonville, Hefty, Coleman and Gander Mountain!
For the video contest, the first 50 videos submitted to the contest AUTOMATICALLY receive coupons for FREE Johnsonville products! I also have secret code words to share with you. Each code word is equal to 5 extra entries into the “GRILLVILLE” sweepstakes, where there’s a chance to win $2,500 CASH just for playing the game! All you have to do is visit www.ShareYourVille.com, and enter the secret code into the GRILLVILLE game under the bonus entries tab! I will be giving one code out through facebook and the other code out through twitter today. So follow me and keep your eyes out for the codes. You gotta move fast too because this promotion only last until July 20.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple juice concentrate
- 3 Tbsp. spicy mustard
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-in. cubes (I used zucchini cut in to slices and the cu the slices in half)
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 pkg. (19.76 oz.) Johnsonville® Brats or 1 pkg. (19.76 oz.) Johnsonville® Cheddar Brats (I use the regular brats)
- Metal or wooden skewers
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, apple juice concentrate and mustard; add vegetables. Seal bag; refrigerate for one hour.
- Place brats in large sauce pan and add enough water to cover brats. Parboil on med-high heat for about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly.
- Slice each brat into 5 equal pieces and thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternating with the vegetables.
- Brush with reserved marinade and grill over medium heat until vegetables are tender and brats are golden brown, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Serve immediately.