I have a yummy breakfast dish or quick and easy dinner recipe for you today. I found this on in my Simple and Delicious issue from May. This recipe serves up enough for 4 and is budget friendly. So the secret to this recipe is cream cheese. Yep that is it. However, you don’t mix the cream cheese in the eggs before scrambling them, you mix it in after the eggs are basically cooked and allow the cream cheese to melt and coat the eggs. You get these deliciously creamy scrambled eggs. The ham and green onion add some nice flavor too. LOVE this one and will make it often. So good!
I did use the reduced fat cream cheese in this and it work fine. Only problem is it is hard to cube. It turns more into globs than cubes.
And a reminder for you Utahns, I will be appearing today on Studio 5 at 11am.
Creamy Scrambled Eggs with Ham
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream; stir in the ham, onion, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until almost set.
- Stir in cream cheese. Cook and stir until completely set. Yield: 4 servings.