I told you I have been a grillin’ fool lately. I just can’t help it. It is one of the best parts of summer. This is a yummy pork recipe that I discovered over at Our Family Treat. I did make some slight changes. You make a rub that is semi wet and then slather on some bbq sauce. Yummy! Fire up your grill. You’ll love this one.
Grilled Summer Pork Chops
- 6 pork loins (I like boneless)
- 4 teaspoons fresh minced onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce (I used Famous Dave’s Rich and Sassy)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine onion, chili powder, garlic, oregano, paprika, and cayenne pepper and rub on both sides of the pork (about 1/2 tsp of rub per side).
- Mix together the lemon juice and bbq sauce.
- Place chops on a preheated grill. Grill for 6-8 minutes per side.
- As one side is cooked and you turn over the chops and give the cooked side a coat of the bbq sauce mixture.
- Turn again and coat cooked side with bbq sauce mixture. Give each coated side a minute to cook to get the chops nice and saucy. Enjoy.