I adapted this recipe from one my mom got several years ago. I think she got it from a neighbor after having it at a luncheon. It gets most of it’s flavor from the rice from the Rice a Roni. You add a few mix ins and some mayo and your done. A perfect dish for a Summer meal.
Rice a Roni Chicken Salad
- 2 boxes of Rice a Roni fried rice, cooked according to package and cooled
- 1-2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 4 chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup green onion, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- While you are coking the Rice a Roni, saute mushroom slice in butter until tender. Allow to cool along with the Rice a Roni.
- In a large bowl, combine Rice a Roni, sauteed mushrooms, and remaining ingredients. Stir until well combined. (I like to put mine in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving but isn’t necessary.) Makes 6-8 servings.