Today’s recipe is another fun and fabulous grilling recipe. It also uses the pico de gallo and guacamole recipe I posted the past few days. I found this one in a magazine. I can’t remember which one, but it was an ad for Bush’s Grillin’ Beans. I made a few adaptations to the original recipe.
This tostada recipe is different because you don’t use refried beans as a base, but you totally could if you want to. The reason you don’t put beans on the tostada is because you serve up some of Bush’s Grillin’ Beans on the side. They just came out with two new flavors – Black Bean Fiesta and Texas Ranchero. This recipe is recommended to serve with the Texas Ranchero version. I tried to find the new flavors in my local store, but I haven’t been able to find them yet.
The other fun thing about this recipe is you use your grill to cook the chicken and to make the tostada shell. Let me tell you that I loved the tostada shell made on the grill. I of course used those La Tortilla Factory tortillas that I love. They are delicious. Kind of like a mix of a flour and a corn tortilla. They are only 90 calories each. You can visit La Tortilla Factory to find a retailer near you that carries their products.I must say I am loving all these recipes that utilize the grill!
Grilled Chicken Breast Tostadas
- 2 limes
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast (about 1 1/2 p0unds)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 (6 inch) corn tortillas ( I used the Hand Made Style white corn tortillas from La Tortilla Factory)
- additional olive oil
- easy guacamole
- pico de gallo
- In a gallon sized ziploc bag, combine juice from 1 lime, olive oil, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken and marinate for 1 hour.
- While chicken marinates, mix 1 cup sour cream with 1 tsp. lime zest and 1-2 Tbsp. lime juice (from remaining lime) to make a lime crema. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill to high. Grill chicken for about 4-6 minutes per side until juices run clear.
- Brush tortillas with olive oil and toast on grill for about 30 seconds per side or until nice and crisp. Remove from grill and sprinkle with salt.
- Slice cooked chicken breasts into slices and build tostadas. To build: Spread tortilla with guacamole then top with chicken slices, pico de gallo, followed by lime crema. Serve with Bush’s Texas Ranchero Grillin’ Beans on the side. Makes 6 tostadas.