One thing I think of when I think of Valentine’s Day is the combination of strawberries and chocolate. I recently found a recipe for raspberry jam butter cream on Hello Baker who got the recipe from Culinary Concoctions by Peabody.
I love raspberries, but my husband is not a fan. So I thought why not strawberry and came up with this adaptation. I put this frosting on the devil’s food cupcake I made from the recipe for the perfect cake mix cupcake. The frosting turned out wonderful.
It was everything you would expect from a buttercream frosting with a surprisingly light strawberry flavor that went so well with the devil’s food cupcake. Just make sure the jam you use is a very smooth jam without big hunks of strawberry in it. You want it to be more like a jelly consistency. If you want to make some of these for you Valentine and your crafty, there is a cute idea to package them at THIS link.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 5-6 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup Strawberry jam (the really smooth kind)
- red food coloring (enough to make it a pretty pink color)
- Place butter and jam in a mixing bowl or an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and cream until well incorporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, until you reach desired consistency. If frosting gets too thick you can add a little milk to thin it out. Put on your favorite cupcake. Makes enough to cover 2 dozen cupcakes.