I have had this recipe for a while and it is located in my tried and true file. It’s ingredients are very simple, but tastes amazing. I have made this dish several times for others before and they are always amazed at how it tastes. Then when I tell them how to make it, they are shocked at the fact that the sauce is just whipping cream. I love to cook this comforting dish. It is something my family loves to eat.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips (I just use tenders)
- 1 ½ cups fresh baby carrots
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a large pot, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same pan, brown chicken. Return onion to pan; add potatoes and carrots. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cream, parsley, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered until slightly thickened. 4 servings.
Recipe adapted from Quick Cooking.