I have 2 favorite pasta dishes, manicotti and fettuccine alfredo. Those are my go-to’s if I have a choice.
Well, here is a simple way to make Alfredo in a slow cooker and it even includes chicken. It isn’t served with fettuccine, instead it is made with tortellini. This just ads to the cheesy goodness. Only 5 ingredients to make this too! So simple and oh so tasty!
- 1½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2½ cup Alfredo sauce, divided
- 1 tsp garlic
- pepper to taste
- 4 cups frozen tortellini
- Add chicken to a slow cooker and cover with 1½ cups Alfredo sauce. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken and cut into pieces. Place back in the slow cooker.
- Add in the remaining 1 cup Alfredo along with the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from The Gunny Sack.