Super easy and super tasty! That’s how I would describe today’s recipe.
It’s basically a jazzed up bottle pasta sauce and pasta, but that jazzing up with spices, parmesan, and cream makes all the difference!
This is also a change from the usual Alfredo sauce you serve fettuccine with. This is definitely a recipe you’ll want to add to your regular rotation!
- 1 lb pkg fettuccine noodles
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 (24 oz) jar marinara sauce
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- In the meantime, in a large pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions in onions and cook til tender. Then add in garlic and cook for a minute just until fragrant.
- Mix in the marinara sauce, red pepper, oregano, and basil. Simmer over low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Mix in cream until well blended. Add in parmesan and stir until melted.
- Add drained fettuccine noodles when cooked and toss to coat in the sauce. Serves 6-8.