My kids haven’t been eating bananas like they usually do lately. I had more over rip bananas to use up. This is another banana recipe that I love.
It comes from an old Quick Cooking magazine (now Simple and Delicious). It’s another great combo of bananas and chocolate. I love the texture that the oats give this muffin. It makes it a heartier muffin.
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1-1/3 cups)
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips (You can use regular chocolate chips and mix in with the dry ingredients so they don't sink)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg, oil and sugar until smooth. Stir in bananas.
- Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt; stir into the banana mixture just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Makes 1 dozen.