Burgers are a classic meal and there are so many ways to make one.
I can’t help but get hungry at the smell of a burger cooking on a grill. Yesterday, we went on a walk and someone was grilling burger outside. I could smell that delicious burger smell and it was making my mouth water.
Now a burger is even better when there is some kind of cheese on it. My husband likes to reach for the standard American cheese, but I like to mix it up and use a variety like cheddar, Swiss, pepper jack and even gorgonzola!
Well today is a day to celebrate the burger, more specifically the cheeseburger! It’s national cheeseburger day today. So I had to get a recipe for ya, plus I teamed up with the #celebrating food holiday bloggers to add in some other cheeseburger recipes and we are taking you beyond the usual cheeseburger in a bun.
For my recipe, I took all the flavors of a cheeseburger and put them into a salad. It actually was really tasty and tasted just like a cheeseburger. My favorite part of the salad was actually the pickles, which is something you don’t usually find in a salad.
Below the salad recipe is even more cheeseburger recipes, so I am sure you can find one cheeseburger recipe that you would love to try! Happy National Cheeseburger day peeps! Go enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- ¼ cup onion minced
- 2 Tbsp steak sauce
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- pepper to taste
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese cut into small cubes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- a few thin slices red onions
- ½ of a 16 oz jar baby dill pickles, drained and cut into thirds
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¾ cup croutons or so
- 1 bottle thousand island dressing
- In a skillet, brown ground beef along with the onion until fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Mix in the steak sauce, garlic salt, and pepper and cook for a minute or two. Remove from heat
- Place chopped romaine in a large salad bowl or on a serving platter. Put the ground beef in a line down the center of the lettuce and top with the sliced red onion.
- Add the remaining ingredients in lines along the ground beef mixture and place the croutons around the edges. Serve with thousand island dressing. Serves 6 as a main dish.
Adapted from What the Forks for Dinner
Recipes from the #celebratingfoodholidays Bloggers (pictured above)
Mac and Cheese Stuffed Cheeseburger from Ashlee Marie
Bacon Cheeseburger Pie from Creations by Kara
Cheeseburger Pasta from The Baker Upstairs
Tri-tip Chili Cheeseburger from Hey Grill, Hey
Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup from 365 Days of Crock Pot
Easy Cheeseburger Dip from Gather for Bread
More Recipes from Real Mom Kitchen
Cheeseburger Flatbread Melts
Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta
Guacamole Bacon Burger
Gorgonzola Stuffed Burgers
More Recipes from the #celebratingfoodholidays Bloggers