I love grilled chicken and the possibilities are endless at how you can flavor it before grilling it. You can season it, coat it in a rub or soak it in a marinade.
I tend to lean toward using a marinade. It just adds juiciness to the meat along with flavor. You can also make a great marinade with just a few ingredients. The marinade I have to share with you today only takes 3 ingredients and 2 of those are included in the name of the recipe – honey and orange juice. Then the added third ingredient is a package of dry Italian dressing mix. It has all the added spices to make the marinade amazing.
You can let this marinade soak with the chicken just for 1 hour with great results. If possible though, I like to add it in the morning so it has some more time to marinate before dinner.
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 (1 oz) pkg. Italian dressing mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- I a gallon sized ziploc bag, add in the orange juice, honey, and dressing mix. Seal bag and knead to combine ingredients.
- Add the chicken breasts to the bag and seal again. Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or as long as all day.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill until fully cooked. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Plain Chicken.