I know it was a food holiday yesterday, but there is a pretty good one tomorrow. It is one that I love to celebrate each summer – National S’mores Day!
For several years now, I have shared several recipes for this food holiday every time and this year is still the same. I have one for today, one for the actual day of the holiday, and one for the day after the holiday. They all are amazingly delicious.
These s’mores popcorn balls are a perfect s’mores treat. They are like a cross between a s’more, a popcorn ball and a rice krispie treat. They are a addictive so proceed with caution. I ate more than my fair share of these.
I love the combination of the popcorn with the extra crunchy graham cereal. I was actually really surprised at how my I loved it. I just couldn’t get enough! This is also a perfect recipe for the kids or not.
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 (10 oz) bag mini marshmallows
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 bag of natural microwave popcorn, popped or 2½ cups popped natural popcorn
- 2 cups Golden Graham Cereal
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter and marshmallows together. Once melted mix in vanilla.
- Remove from heat and fold in the popcorn and graham cereal until well coated.
- When it is cool enough to handle, sprinkle the mixture with the mini chocolate chips.
- Spray hands with non-stick spray and shape into 1 cup sized popcorn balls.
- Place on a sheet of waxed paper or parchment paper to cool fully. Store in a sealed container until serving. Makes about 10 popcorn balls.
Recipe adapted from I Heart Eating.