I’ve kind of been on a rice bowl kick lately. I’ve been coming up with different ways to make them. This is probably the first of many I am going to share with you.
With this one, I took a bbq chicken salad that I love and converted it into a rice bowl. Basically I just swapped out the lettuce for rice. It was a equally delicious as the salad.
I made the bbq chicken specifically for these rice bowls but if you have leftovers from another meal, this would be a perfect way to use them up.
- cooked rice (I use 1 cup per person and this makes enough for 6 bowls)
- 1 recipe of slow cooker bbq chicken
- 1 (16 oz) can black beans
- ½ of a 16 oz bag of frozen corn, thawed
- 1½ cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 diced green onions
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- Begin assembling the rice bowls by placing cooked rice in the bottom of each bowl. Then arrange to other ingredients on top of the rice and serve. Makes 6 servings.