I hope you are all having a wonderful and safe 4th of July today! I am spending time with my family, but still had a recipe to share with you today.
Now that I have finally been able to use my Instant Pot (pressure cooker) a few times, one of the things I have wanted to do was convert my favorite slow cooker recipes to Instant Pot recipes.
This is the first of many that I plan on converting. I love using a pressure cooker for cooking. It’s cooks like a slow cooker, but cooks amazingly fast. This is ready in less than an hour! So no more, dang, I forgot to start dinner in the slow cooker anymore!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup zesty italian dressing
- ½ Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 pkt ranch dressing mix
- ¼ cup of water
- ½ Tbsp chili powder
- ½ Tbsp ground cumin
- Place chicken in the Instant POt.
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the sealing valve is turned to sealing. Use the manual setting and set for 17 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot beeps that it is done cooking, allow the pressure to remove naturally for 15 minutes, or turn the pressure valve to venting and release the pressure and then open. I always turn the valve to venting even when I released the pressure naturally just to be safe that all the pressure has been removed before opening the Instant Pot.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot and shred. Then place back into the Instant Pot and stir to allow to absorb the juices in the pot.
- Serve in tacos, burritos, salad, quesadillas, etc. I got two meals from this. I did tacos with some and quesadillas another time with the leftovers. This meat freezes well. Serves 4-6.