Ok, so you know that I love blackberries. I can help myself right now when I can get blackberries for $1 at the store. I saw this recipe over at Barbara Bakes and had to try it. I mean, I love blackberries and ice cream so why not blackberries and cream cheese. This is also one of those great desserts that looks beautiful but is so simple to make.
You can make it for company and make them feel special with their own little glass of blackberry goodness. I did make a few minor adaptations to the original recipe. All I can say is yummy! I do think this even tastes better the second day! I did them in different glasses too so you can see that any style of glass is beautiful! you could also use raspberries instead of blackberries.
Blackberry Cheesecake Pots
- 4 graham crackers
- 1 T. butter, melted
- 8 oz. light cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 oz. fresh blackberries(reserve 4 for garnishing)
- sweetened whipped cream for garnish
- mint leaves (optional) also for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º. Crush the graham crackers to create crumbs. Add melted butter, stir well to combined. Spread on baking sheet. Toast in the oven 3 – 5 minutes until crumbs start to brown. Cool.
- Process the cream cheese, sugar, cream and vanilla in a food processor until smooth. Add half the blackberries and process until just crushed.
- Spoon a half of the graham cracker crumbs into four 1/2 cup-capacity dishes, layer on a few blackberries. Divide cheesecake mixture evenly between the dishes and top with the remaining graham cracker crumbs. Garnish with whipped cream, blackberries, and mint (if desired). Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Serves 4.