The 4th of July is right around the corner and everyone will be sporting their red, white, and blue. So why not bring those colors to your table too.
I have a super simple recipe today for individual jello salads that show those great patriotic colors. And you really only need 3 ingredients to make these along with some water and ice.
These look super fancy because you tilt the cup when adding the Jello to give it that fun angled look. This can all be accomplished with the aid of a muffin tin. I’m telling you these look complicated but are really super easy to make!
- 1¼ fresh blueberries, divided
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 1 (3oz) pkg strawberry Jello
- ¾ cup ice cubes
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 (8 oz) thawed Cool Whip, divided
- Divide 1 cup of the blueberries between 8 (8 oz) plastic cups or glasses. Place the cups leaning at an angle in a muffin tin. I found it helpful to crumple a half of a paper towel into the bottom of each muffin cup helped to keep the cups at an angle.
- In a bowl combine the boiling water and Jello together. Stir for 2 minutes until Jello is dissolved. Add in the ice and stir until dissolved then ad in the cold water. Stir and then carefully pour 1 cup of the Jello evenly between the 8 cups.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Whisk 1 cup of the Cool Whip into the remaining Jello. Pour evenly between the 8 cups and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- To serve top each Jello salad with a dollop of the remaining Cool Whip followed by the remaining blueberries. Serves 8.
Recipe adapted from Kraft.