This is my new favorite grilling recipe for the summer. I know I am going to make this several more times and we have already had it 3 times so far.
I was inspired to make this recipe while on a trip to Costco. I saw they had these Aidells Fully Cooked Smoked Chicken Sausage in a Pineapple Bacon Flavor. Now you could use any kind of fully cooked smoked sausage for this but Aidells in the Pineapple Bacon Flavor is amazing in this recipe.
One good thing about this recipe is it only takes 3 ingredients. Another plus for making these is they cook up fast. I actually made these for the first time on Memorial Day Weekend for a BBQ I was hosting. I had a pretty good idea that they would be amazing. It’s always scary trying a new recipe out on guests, but it actually turned out to be even better than I thought it would.
Everyone LOVED them! The flavor combination was perfection and that caramelized bbq sauce they get slathered in is heaven. You simply must made this this summer, I promise you will not be disappointed.
- 1 (12 oz) pkg Aidells Fully Cooked Pineapple and Bacon Smoked Chicken Sausage (or other fully cooked sausage)
- ½ of a fresh pineapple
- 1 cup bbq sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's original)
- 4 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
- Cut each sausage into 5 pieces and then cut the pineapple into chunks about the same size as the sausage pieces.
- Alternate threading pieces of sausage and pineapple on to each skewer. You can fit 5 sausage pieces onto 1 skewer.
- Brush skewers with bbq sauce and grill on medium while turning occasionally for about 5 minutes until warmed through and caramelized. Serves 4.
Real Mom Kitchen original recipe.