We are well into grilling season now, and it is one of my favorite times of the year. I love being able to go to the grill when preparing meals for my family. It keeps my house cool and my kitchen clean.
Did you even think about cooking your breakfast on the grill? Well, that is exactly what I am sharing with you today. The trick to making this dish work on the grill is by using indirect heat. I use the burners on the grill to bring the grill up to temperature. Next, I turn half the grill off and place the pan of breakfast bake on that side. Then, I use the burners on the other half of the grill just to help maintain the correct temperature inside the grill. Most grills have a thermometer on the lid of the grill to let you know the internal temperature of the grill.
I also love that this all cooks in an aluminum pan, so after you are done eating, you can just throw away the pan. Easy clean, one of the great benefits of grill season.
This recipe has some of those breakfast staples you’d expect like eggs and hash browns, oooh, and don’t forget the cheese! When it comes to cheese, I like to reach for local products and I reach for Cache Valley Cheese.
Cache Valley is Utah’s hidden gem, and the inspiration behind the delicious and nutritious products Cache Valley Creamery produces. Pronounced “cash,” the French word means to hide or store one’s treasures. It’s picturesque valley is nestled between the Wasatch, Bannock and Bear River Mountain ranges.
Cache Valley is a land of dairy farms, stunning mountains, modest towns, and friendly people. Since some of my husbands relatives have been local farmers, I love how Cache Valley believes that good cheese comes from a good place. For over 75 years, Cache Valley has been producing flavorful, rich cheese made with the essence of all the exceptional goodness that makes Cache Valley, UT so good.
With a wide range of wholesome, real and delicious products, Cache Valley has something for everyone and for every occasion. I can always find something for whatever I may be making. Just look at their awesome variety of products.
- Chunks: Cheddar, Colby Jack, Monterey Jack, Mozzarella, Pepper Jack, Swiss
- Slices: Asiago, Cheddar, Colby Jack, Gouda, Havarti, Monterey Jack, Mozzarella, Muenster, Pepper Jack, Provolone, Swiss, White Cheddar
- Shreds: Cheddar, Colby Jack, Cheddar & Monterey Jack, Four Cheese Mexican, Mozzarella, Mozzarella & Provolone, Swiss, Six Cheese Italian
- String: Lite Mozzarella, Mozzarella
- Singles: American
- Butter: Salted Sweet Cream Butter
Cache Valley dairy products are sold at retailers throughout Utah, including Walmart, Smith’s, Macey’s, Fresh Market, Harmon’s and more.
- 6 cups thawed shredded hash browns
- 2 cups diced ham
- ½ cup diced green onion
- ½ cup diced tomato
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups finely shredded Cache Valley cheddar cheese
- Spray an aluminum pan (approx 12 x 9 in size) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Next layer in the pan, hash browns, ham, green onion, and tomatoes.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg and milk together. Add in desired amout of salt and pepper. Then mix in shredded cheddar cheese. Pour mixture over the layers in the aluminum pan.
- Cover with foil and cook on grill on indirect heat at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for another 30 minutes until the egg is fully cooked. Serves 5.
Recipe adapted from My Organized Chaos.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Cache Valley Cheese.