Pasta salad is a summer staple for any gathering. However, there are so many ways you can serve it up. Well, I have a tasty way to serve it up for you all today.
What makes this salad amazing and loved by all is the diced pepperoni and salami. Now if you’d rather make this with sliced pepperoni and salami, that works too. Just cut the slices into strips and add it in the salad.
The other thing that make’s this salad amazing is the simple homemade dressing. It only requires a few ingredients but definitely tastes different that the traditional Italian dressing from a bottle.
- 2 cups small pasta shells, cooked according to pkg directions
- ¾ cup chopped bell pepper (I used yellow, but green, red or orange works too)
- ¾ cup chopped tomato
- ½ cup cubed pepperoni
- ½ cup cubed hard salami
- ½ cup quartered black olives
- 2 oz provolone cheese, cubed
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onion
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp oregano
- pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, bell pepper, tomato, pepperoni, salami, olives, cheese, and onion.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, oregano, and pepper. Pour over the pasta mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serves 10.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.