Here is a quick and easy breakfast recipe that is also fabulous for dinner. This recipe is a Real Mom Kitchen original by me. I love scramble type dishes and decided to whip one together the other night for our dinner. It is a simple recipe with simple ingredients. This may be the perfect breakfast to surprise Dad with on Father’s Day, nice and meaty! This would also work well to use as a filling for breakfast burritos.
Sausage Skillet Scramble
- 6 eggs
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cubed O’Brien hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and salt; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; remove from skillet and drain.
- In the same skillet, cook potatoes for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Remove from the pan.
- Add butter to skillet and melt, then add egg mixture to skillet; cook and stir until almost set. Mix in sausage and potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Makes 5 servings.