Cinnamon crumb cake works great for breakfast or dessert. I served it for breakfast but you could use it by itself for dessert or top it with some fresh berries! Heck, go all crazy and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side!
No matter how you decide to serve this, it will become a favorite. It would be great to make for Mother’s Day. You could serve it for breakfast paired with some yogurt and fresh fruit!
- ⅓ cup softened butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- CRUMB TOPPING:
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1¼ cup brown sugar
- 2¼ cup flour
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- dash salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 inch dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, make the cake batter by adding in ⅓ cup softened butter and ½ cup sugar. Cream together with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and sour cream.
- Mix until well combined.
- Then mix in ⅓ of the milk mixture along with the vanilla. Then add in ⅓ of the flour along with the baking powder and salt just until combined. Continue alternating with another ⅓ of the milk followed by ⅓ cup of milk. Repeat agin with the remaining. Finish by mixing for about 2 minutes or until well combined.
- Spread into the prepared 9x13 pan.
- Then make the crumb topping, Add all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix to combine.
- Then use your hands to crumble and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the top of the cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely. Serves 12-16.
Adapted from Jamie Cooks It Up.