This is a super fast way to get enchiladas in no time. No added baking or simmering needed. This dish is gonna be great to have as we head into Summer.
With this recipe, you make the meat filling for the enchiladas and then serve it by spreading it over stacked warmed tortillas along with cheese. Then you can top it as you wish with things like guacamole or sour cream. It’s a super quick way to enjoy enchiladas.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz) can enchilada sauce (I used mild Rosarita enchilada sauce)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 12 corn tortillas
- vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- desired toppings - sour cream, guacamole, green onion, olives, diced tomato, cilantro etc.
- In a large skillet brown the beef along with the onion and garlic until beef is fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Then add enchilada sauce, salt, and sugar. Stir until combined and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, another skillet, add in enough vegetable oil to coat the pan and heat over medium. Once hot, cook the tortillas one at a time for about 1 minute per side until lightly golden brown. Remove from skillet and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- To serve the enchiladas, spread a spoonful of the meat mixture onto a tortilla and sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Top with any additional tortilla followed by another spoonful of the meat mixture. Top with desired toppings and serve. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from I Wash You Dry.