We are finishing up Lemon Week today with a dessert from my childhood. I can’t believe I haven’t shared it before now!
My mom would make this often for family gatherings. I know I have seen this also called lemon lush or lemon lasagna. Whatever you call it, it’s easy to make and so delicious!
When mom made it, she usually made the recipe in two 9 x 9 inch pans. Then she would make it with one pan with a package of lemon pudding and and the other pan using a package of chocolate pudding.
The recipe I have for you today is made in a 9 x 13 inch pan and uses 2 packages of lemon pudding. However, if you don’t want it all lemon, just do what my mom did and you will also have a chocolate option for those who aren’t lemon lovers.
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups flour
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 oz) carton Cool Whip, thawed, divided
- 3 cups milk
- 2 (3.4 oz each) pkgs instant lemon pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut butter into flour until crumbly. I just put it in my food processor and pulse it a few times. Then press the mixture into a 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Fold in 1 cup of Cool Whip and spread the mixture evenly over the cooled crust.
- In another bowl, beat milk and pudding mix together on low speed for 2 minutes. Pour over cream cheese layer and carefully spread out evenly.
- Top with dollops of the remaining Cool Whip and carefully spread out evenly. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Makes16 servings.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.