Here in Utah, we love our Jello. My favorite flavor of Jello happens to be raspberry and that is what is used to make this salad.
This salad is also full of fruit! There is raspberries, bananas, and pineapple in there. Then the only way to finish of a Jello in my opinion is with some whipped cream. It is the crowning glory.
This recipe would be great to incorporate into your upcoming Easter menu. You can make it a day ahead without any issue.
- 1 (6 oz) pkg raspberry Jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 (10 oz) pkg frozen raspberries, partially thawed
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2-3 bananas
- whipped cream
- In a bowl, combine the Jello, boiling water , and sugar together. Stir together for about 2 minutes until dissolved.
- Refrigerate until thick and syrupy. Then mix in the raspberries and crushed pineapple. Carefully pour into a 9 x 13 inch dish.
- Slice the bananas into the mixture. Use a spoon to make sure the bananas get pressed down into the Jello mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight or until set. Serve topped with whipping cream. Serves 12.
Recipe adapted from The Essential Mormon Cookbook.