Chicken Alfredo is one of my favorite dishes to eat. Today I have a fun and different way to serve it up. It gets rolled up in a lasagna noodle.
I really think that this dish is less calories than what a regular serving of chicken alfredo would be. It is less pasta and less sauce, but still that delicious flavor. I even used skim milk and reduced fat cream cheese when I made this.
This is definitely a recipe I will now use often and it’s nice enough to serve for company too!
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2¼ cup milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 2 cup chopped cooked chicken
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter. Add in garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Whisk in flour and cook until the mixture is bubbling and golden, 1 minute more. Gradually pour in milk, whisking constantly.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, then stir in cream cheese and Parmesan. Let simmer until the sauce thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon a thin layer of sauce onto the bottom of the prepared baking dish and set aside ½ cup of the sauce mixture.
- Mix in the cooked chicken to remaining amount of sauce and stir to combine.
- Lay cooked noodles in a single layer on a cutting board or baking sheet. Spread a spoonful of the chicken mixture on each noodle, then roll up each lasagna noodle. Lay the roll-ups in the baking dish seam side-down.
- Spoon the reserved ½ of sauce on top of the roll-ups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees, until the sauce is bubbly and beginning to brown. Garnish with parsley and serve warm. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Delish.