Now this version of slow cooker mashed potatoes is different from most versions out there. This recipe actually begins with mashed potato flakes.
The potato flakes get even more rich and cream with some extra ingredients added in. Now don’t just use any type of instant potatoes for this, it needs to be the flake kind to get the right results.
You can top these with gravy or try some herbed butter. I combined a stick of butter with a tsp parsley and a tsp oregano to go on top of these creamy potatoes.
- 3¾ cups boiling water
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 (8 oz) light cream cheese, cut into cubes
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 4 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Spray a 4-qt. slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the boiling water, milk, cream cheese, butter and sour cream to the slow cooker. Whisk together until smooth.
- Add in the potato flakes and garlic salt. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Serves 10.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.