I’m finally getting around to my post for today. I have been down all morning with a migraine. When I get a migraine I do it good.
This recipe today is for a breaded chicken that gets baked in the oven. The secret to this breaded chicken is what you bread it with. No bread crumbs here, you use Ritz crackers. I just put the crackers into my food processor and pulse to fine crumbs. It gives the chicken a nice buttery flavor.
This chicken is also finished off with a simple but flavorful sauce. This dish is even nice enough to serve for company.
- 2 cups Ritz Cracker fine crumbs (crush by hand or with a food processor)
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 (10¾ oz) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup light sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs together with the Parmesan cheese and garlic salt.
- Add the yogurt to a bowl and stir until smooth.
- Dip each chicken breast into the yogurt followed by the crumb mixture. Place each breast into the prepared dish then drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until fully cooked. While cooking, prepare the sauce to top the chicken with.
- In a sauce pan, combine the soup and sour cream together. Heat until smooth and heated through. Serve chicken topped with the sauce. Serves 8.
Recipe adapted from The Essential Mormon Cookbook.