One of my favorite desserts is eclairs! They aren’t too hard to make but do take some time.
Well, today I have a cheater way for you to make some eclairs. They only take 5 ingredients to make with one of them being mini croissants. It gives you a similar result for the shell of the eclair without the work.
The recipe does make 24 eclairs but the recipe can be easily cut in half if needed. These would be a great Valentine treat!
- 2 (3.4 oz) boxes instant french vanilla pudding
- 1½ cup milk
- 2½ cups heavy cream
- 24 mini croissants
- 1 (16 oz) can chocolate frosting (I prefer Pillsbury chocolate fudge)
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, milk and heavy cream.
- Whisk together until smooth.
- Let set for a few minutes while you slice the croissants in half.
- Fill each croissant with the pudding mixture. You can spoon it on or pipe it on.
- Microwave the frosting in 10 second intervals until the consistency of a glaze. Spread or drizzle the frosting over the top of each croissant, Makes 24 eclairs.
Recipe adapted from Nothing But Country.