So, this Sunday is the big Superbowl game! Are you hosting a party? Are you going to a party and need to bring something? Well then, I have a recipe for you.
Spinach dip is one of those staple appetizers. You can frequently find it on the appetizer menu at a lot of restaurants. Well this tasty version includes artichokes and is cooked in your slow cooker.
I love those type of recipes that can pretty much take care of themselves when I entertain. You can get this all mixed in the slow cooker and leave it until your party. Then it can just stay nice and warm in the slow cooker during the party.
Serve this up with slices of baguette, crackers or even tortilla chips. This low maintenance dip will be a hit!
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (11 oz) bag baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- Melt butter in a skillet and add in the chopped onion. Saute until the onions are translucent and begin golden in color. Add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- In a large glass bowl, add the spinach and pour 1 tablespoon of water over the top. Cover it with plastic wrap and heat it in the microwave for 2 minutes or until it has steamed and cooked down.
- Spray the inside of a 2-3 quart slow cooker and add in the onion mixture, spinach and the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours giving it a stir or two while it cooks. Cook until hot and bubbly. Serve with baguette slices, crackers, or tortilla chips. Makes 3 cups.
Adapted from my good friend Jamie over at Jamie Cooks It Up.