I finally moved into my new house this weekend and feel so discombobulated right now. I currently live in a sea of boxes. I am hoping over the next few weeks I will slowly be able to feel like my life is in order. In my married life we have only moved 3 times and our last home we were at for 20 1/2 years. I have discovered we have accumulated way too much stuff in that time.
Anyway, I have been in a soup mood lately so I have a few to share with you this week. The recipe today is one my family really liked. I must say the flavor reminded me of hamburger helper, but this soup version is way better. I also love that it’s ready in under 30 minutes!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ cup diced onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 (24 oz) jar pasta sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1½ cup dry pasta (I used shells but elbow would also be great)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil or ⅛ cup dried basil
- In a stock pot heat olive oil. Add in the beef and onion and cook until beef is fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant. Then add inn the salt pepper, and oregano.
- Add in the broth and pasta sauce. Bring to a simmer. Add in the pasta and cook for about 10 minutes until tender.
- Add in the cream cheese and basil and stir until cream cheese is blended in. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Mantitlement.