Sweet potatoes are often found as part of the Thanksgiving meal. However, I am not a fan of the candied or marshmallow topped versions.
I recently tried this savory Parmesan version and it was right up my alley! Now, I used white sweet potatoes because my family isn’t sweet potato fans. They are more likely to try this because they don’t look like sweet potatoes, they look like regular old potatoes. However, the regular orange colored sweet potatoes would look beautiful. I actually love their orange color and think it is so perfect for a Thanksgiving meal.
My husband who is an avid sweet potato hater said these were actually pretty good. This is a pretty miraculous thing. So if you family is wary of sweet potatoes, try the white ones in this recipe and see what they think!
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- parsley, fresh or dried
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- in a gallon sized ziploc bag, add the garlic, olive oil, butter, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning along with the diced sweet potatoes. Seal the bag and toss until well coated.
- add in the Parmesan cheese, seal again and shake until coated.
- Pour out of the bag on a foil lined baking sheet and spread out evenly. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes until tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Lil Luna.