My family loves chicken alfredo, so I knew they would love this chicken alfredo soup. This is another tasty soup to add to my recipe collection.
This soup is creamy and full of pasta and chicken. Plus, it comes together in about 30 minutes. This one is a must try!
It’s just another variation on the classic chicken noodle soup. I also love that I can throw it together in no time at all for a quick dinner.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- 1 (15 oz jar) Alfredo sauce
- 29 oz or 3½ cups of chicken broth (two 14.5 oz cans, or 3½ cups), divided
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup uncooked small shells pasta (or a similar type of pasta)
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- grated Parmesan cheese, for topping
- In a dutch oven or stock pot, add butter and onion. Cook over medium heat until onions are soft and translucent.
- Set aside ¼ cup of the broth. Add the remaining broth to the pot along with the the peas and pasta.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Mix in the Alfredo sauce and the chicken. Cook for a few minutes just until combined and chicken is heated.
- Combine the remaining ¼ cup of broth that you set aside with the cornstarch until smooth. Stir into soup and cook a few minutes until thickened.
- Serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese. Serves 5.
Recipe adapted from Butter with a Slice of Bread.