I love dutch oven potatoes. It’s unfortunate that I can’t fix the as often as I like. However, I found a recipe that’s the next best thing, Microwave Dutch Oven Potatoes.
I got this recipe from KSL a while ago from Becky Low. I love it. I do like to make sure my bacon is pretty well cooked before I put it in because I don’t like mushy bacon. I also add 2 tbsp. of butter to the whole thing after it is done cooking.
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 6 baking potatoes, medium
- 1 onion, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, add bacon. Microwave bacon 3-5 minutes. Stir once or twice during cooking to separate pieces. Bacon should not be crisp but well cooked.
- Peel or scrub potatoes, slice into ¼ inch slices or ½ inch cubes. Slice onion and separate into rings. Layer bacon, onion, and potatoes in a microwave safe baking dish. Salt and pepper each layer to taste.
- Cover. Microwave on high for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender (rotate dish ¼ turn 3 times during cooking, stir potatoes). Allow potatoes to stand 2-3 minutes before serving. Serves 6.