Today’s recipe could really be used for breakfast or dessert. Either way, it is quick to make and all begins with a cake mix.
The formulation is changed up just a little bit in order to make it possible to cook in a waffle iron. These are a little more delicate to remove from the waffle maker in comparison to regular waffles, so be sure to remove with care.
The texture is definitely just like cake so you can top these babies however you like – fruit, whipped cream, ice cream, caramel, frosting, etc. You can even change up the cake mix used! When making this I used a Triple Chocolate Fudge! It would be great to make for breakfast on a birthday!
- 1 (15.25 oz) cake mix (I used Triple Chocolate Fudge)
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup oil (I used canola)
- 3 eggs
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a bowl, prepare the cake mix according to the package instruction but using the ingredients listed.
- Cook in you waffle maker according to manufacturers instructions.
- Serve topped with desired toppings. Makes 3 waffles in my Belgian waffle maker.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Classy.